#Penn East Proud
Penn East FCU is proud to partner with organizations, projects, and events in our local community. We believe that by doing good and being involved throughout our membership areas, we can help create a more positive future.
As a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative, we are charged with investing our members’ resources in the most effective ways possible. This has led us to develop an employee-run Community Involvement Committee and create guidelines for our donations and sponsorships.
We believe that it’s our approach to community involvement that sets us apart from other financial services providers. This approach includes our financial contributions, our volunteer efforts, and our commitment to local service.
In 2017, Penn East FCU donated over $15,000 to local nonprofits, events and organizations, such as:
- Central City Little League Billboard
- North Pocono Science Olympiad
- St. Patrick’s Parade Association
- Nancy Kay Holmes Scranton Branch Library
- Women’s Resource Center
- Friends of the Scranton Knights
- Ronald McDonald House of Scranton
- Wyoming County Community Fair
- Rotary Club of Dunmore
- Leadership Lackawanna
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Gino Merli Veterans Center
- Catherine McAuley Center
- And many more!